Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirates Life For Me

So recently I have been thinking A LOT about Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean movies! Just last week I went to see the newest movie Pirates of the Caribbean, On Stranger Tides in theatres with one of my best friends. It was pretty good if you ask me! I definitely think it wasn't as good as the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd movies, but it was still entertaining! I think I would have liked it even more if Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann had been kept in it. Even so, that Johnny Depp guy sure does play an amazing Jack Sparrow! I love movies that make you laugh so when I saw these Disney movies, I instantly loved them. :) At one point, my room was FILLED with Pirates of the Carribean things! The music in these movies are really catchy too. My school band played the theme song and I had so much fun with it! Since I play the Trumpet I got to play the main parts of the song which made the excperience that much more fun! In the third movie, At World's End, there is a song called Up is Down by Hans Zimmer that I can't stop listening to!!!! :D Actually, I'm listening to it right now! ;) So while I'm on the subject of Pirates of the Caribbean, I'd like to make a tribute to one of my favorite characters; James Norrington. I don't think he should have died. I mean, this guy kind of got the bad end of EVERYTHING! Think about it... In the beggining, it was James Norrington who saved Will Turner. Then, Will stole his beloved Elizabeth Swann from him after James propposed to her. Than, Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann ended up helping a Jack Sparrow to escape which ended up as James loosing his job. Even So, in the end of the second movie, Mr. Norrington ends up getting his job back and becomes Admiral. But then its back to bad luck in the 3rd movie. James helps Elizabeth escape the Flying Dutchman and ends up getting a kiss. But when things start to look like they are going to turn around for James Norrington, Will's (who remember James saved in the 1st movie) father, Boostrap Bill Turner ends up killing James! D: Sooooo not fair! Poor James Norrington!
In memory of
James Norrington

No comments: